Friday, February 1, 2013

Salt Support

Two weeks into my new eating habit I asked my husband to run to the store to get vegetables he wanted with his meals. I knew my low to no salt diet would be a bit extreme for him, so I never asked him to change with me. He brought home some corn, peas, and green beans. I simply stored them in the cabinet until it was time to prepare them with his meals.

Two weeks since his purchase, I grabbed a can of green beans and a tear dripped from my heart. I read the label, "No Salt!" It was a welcomed surprise to see his support without me asking.  This small gesture deserved a big hug and kiss. The kicker: he ate them even when they were only covered in Mrs. Dash seasoning.
:-)

It's one thing to struggle with change by yourself. It's another thing to have a support system along the way. The journey is easier when you know you're not alone. My challenge for you, this week, is to encourage you to find an accountability partner as you change and redefine the way you eat.

Happy Eating!

-Y

No comments:

Post a Comment